- The news flow was dominated by positive vaccine news, the resolution of the uncertainty surrounding the US Presidential election, and a re-opening of Australian state borders
- This positive environment for risk assets saw non-financial credit spreads narrow by 30bp on average in Australia, while higher beta offshore markets performed even more strongly. It was notable that sectors that had lagged earlier in the year (such as airports and REITS in a local context) performed particularly well
- Yield curves around the world steepened as risk-on sentiment saw investors moving away from government bonds. Despite this, government bond yields remain historically low
- Credit spread compression drove a particularly strong positive monthly return outcome for our funds
^Inception date for the eInvest Cash Booster Fund was 12 November 2019. Performance shown above are net of fees. Fund returns are calculated using net asset value per unit of the underlying fund at the start and end of the specified period and do not reflect the brokerage or the bid/ask spread that investors incur when buying and selling
|Month (%)||Quarter (%)||1 Year (% p.a.)||Since Inception* (%)|
|eInvest Cash Booster Fund (ECAS)||0.06||0.17||0.86||0.85|
|RBA Cash Rate||0.01||0.05||0.38||0.40|
ECAS Fund and Investment Objective
ECAS provides investors with regular monthly income. ECAS invests in APRA regulated Authorised Deposit Taking Institutions as well as a range of high quality, investment-grade bonds and floating rate notes.
ECAS aims to provide investors a high level of capital stability over the short term, by investing in a diversified portfolio of cash and short-term money market and fixed income securities, and to provide a total return (after fees) that exceeds the RBA Cash Rate by 50 basis points measured annually.
- Modified duration: 0.08
- Portfolio Yield: 0.55
- Average Credit Quality: A-1
- Management Cost: 0.15% (incl of GST and RITC)
- Inception Date: 12 November 2019
- Monthly Cash Income: ECAS had a distribution of $0.03125 in November 2020
To read more about eInvest Cash Booster Fund (Managed Fund) Code: ECAS, click here.
Interested in purchasing units in the fund? Contact your financial adviser or simply purchase via your online broker, and as always read the PDS for more information. This can be found here.
Keen to learn more? Read why Active managers tend to outperform passive fixed income managers.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Please read the PDS prior to investing. This information is general in nature and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined here.